Bhaktasharan “Buck” Patel, M.D., is the founder and president of Peak Gastroenterology Associates (PGA), formed in 1996. Since the summer of 2013, PGA has grown to 11 providers, including 10 board-certified physicians and one board-certified adult nurse practitioner.
Dr. Patel’s pleasant and happy disposition make him a patient favorite. Among his peers, Dr. Patel is regarded as an outstanding clinical mind with extremely low complication rates and high polyp detection rates. Dr. Patel currently chairs the Peer Review Committee at Memorial Hospital/University of Colorado Health and was the chief of the Peer Review Committee for the El Paso County Medical Society for five years (2005-2010).
The largest practice by volume of providers and by geographical distribution, PGA is also the fastest growing practice in the region. PGA proudly serves the entire Pikes Peak and Southern Colorado region from Castle Rock to Colorado Springs to Pueblo and beyond. With the area’s most widely experienced and trained gastrointestinal providers, PGA conducts procedures at more centers than any other practice, including its home surgery center, Front Range Endoscopy Centers. Multiple clinics are also available for the convenience of patients.
- Medical School – Baroda Medical College, Gujarat, India
- Residency – St. Francis Hospital, Evanston, Illinois
- Fellowship – University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
Clinical investigator for SWOG protocol
- Certificate of Merit from Ministry of Education, India
- Member, Advisory Committee for Schering Corporation for alpha interferon
- Speaker Bureau for pharmaceutical companies
- Former medical director of CSHP surgical center