Dr. Huang is a Chicago native who has spent the last 16 years in the state of Michigan. She completed gastroenterology and transplant hepatology fellowships at the University of Michigan and has worked primarily as a transplant hepatologist for the last 12 years at the University of Michigan, Henry Ford Hospital, and Beaumont Hospital.
Dr. Huang’s practice will encompass all of gastroenterology and hepatology, including a continued focus in patients with cirrhosis and liver transplant. She also has a long-standing interest in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, hepatitis C, and autoimmune liver disease along with medical education.
Her philosophy as a physician is to serve as an empathetic guide for patients as they navigate through their GI and liver problems, and she strives to provide them with as much information as possible to make educated decisions about their care.
Outside of work, Dr. Huang enjoys spending time with her family. She tends to gravitate towards adventurous pursuits, including downhill skiing and mountain biking and is a retired member of the Detroit Derby Girls.
- Medical School – Loyola Stritch School of Medicine
- Residency – University of Illinois at Chicago
- Fellowship – University of Michigan
- Master of Science in Clinical Research Design and Statistical Analysis – University of Michigan
- Huang MA, Greenson JD, Chao C, Anderson L, Peterman D, Jacobson J, Emick D, Lok ASF, Conjeevaram HS. 1-year intense nutritional counseling results in histological improvement in patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis: A pilot study. Am J Gastroenterol 2005; 100:1072-1081.
- Volk ML, Biggins SW, Huang MA, Argo CK, Fontana RJ, Anspach RR. Decision making in liver transplant selection committees: a multicenter study. Ann Intern Med 2011; 155(8):503-8.
- De Simone P, Nevens F, De Carlis L, Metselaar HJ, Beckebaum S, Saliba F, Jonas S, Sudan D, Fung J, Fischer L, Duvoux C, Chavin KD, Koneru B, Huang MA, Chapaman WC, Foltys D, Witte S, Jiang H, Hexham JM, Junge G, H2304 Study Group. Everolimus with reduced tacrolimus improves renal function in de novo liver transplant recipients: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Transplant 2012: 12(11): 3008-20.
- Stueck, A, Qu, Z, Huang, MA, Camprecios, G, Ferrell, L, Thung, S. Hepatocellular carcinoma arising in an HNF-1a-mutated adenoma in a 23 year old woman with maturityonset diabetes of the young: A case report. Semin Liver Dis 2015; 35:444-449.
- AASLD/Schering Advanced Hepatology Fellowship 2003-04
- University of Michigan/Pﬁzer K30 Graduate BridgeFunding Award 2003-04
- AASLD Jan Albrecht Award 2004-05
- AGA abstract reviewer (research in education and training) 2009-11
- Top Docs Hour Detroit Magazine (Liver specialist) 2010-11, 2013-15
- Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctor 2015