I have spent much of my life in this beautiful state of Colorado, and I am a proud member of Peak Gastroenterology. I completed my medical school training, residency, and gastroenterology fellowship at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Center.
I believe that building trustful relationships and working together as a team with patients allows us to be the most successful in reaching the goals towards wellness.
I am passionate about gastroenterology and care for a broad spectrum of disorders, including complex esophageal disease, gastroesophageal reflux disease, anorectal disorders, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, and colorectal cancer prevention among others.
In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I also enjoy being outdoors and experiencing all that this state has to offer.
- Medical School – University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Residency – University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Center
- Fellowship – University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Center
- Phosphorylation of the PDZ domain modifies Shank2E binding with NaPiIIa
- A Notch1 Gene Copy Number Gain is a Prognostic Indicator of Worse Survival and a Predictive Biomarker to a Notch1 Targeting Antibody in Colorectal Cancer
- A crucial role for Kupffer cell-derived galectin-9 in regulation of T cell immunity in hepatitis C infection
- Liver Cyst Cytokines Promote Endothelial Cell Proliferation and Development
- Characterization of ionotrophic purinergic receptors in hepatocytes
- Shank2E binds Na/Pi co-transporter at the apical membrane of proximal tubule cells
- Characterization of an ankyrin repeat-containing Shank2 isoform (Shank2E) in liver epithelial cells
- Purinergic regulation of cholangiocyte secretion: identification of a novel role for P2X receptors
- Protein kinase C regulates the phosphorylation and oligomerization of ERM binding phosphoprotein 50
- Emily Griffith Award- Colorado State University
- Colorado State University, Class of 2000 Commencement Address
- Eight-time Colorado State University Deans List
- Presidential Scholarship Recipient Colorado State University
- Student Research Award, University of Colorado Health Sciences
- NIDDK Student Research Grant
- Achievement Rewards for College Scientists Scholar, 2005 and 2006
- American College of Physicians Award for exemplary promise in medicine
- Gold Foundation Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Nominee
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Institutional Research Training Grant